This list of inspirational LDS quotes is full of uplifting, heartwarming, powerful words that are sure to leave a lasting impression.
These quotes are for when you need a little encouragement, or maybe even when you need a lot of encouragement. These are for you on your very best days. They are full of faith, love, hope, and joy. They are everything you need to hear. Enjoy!
This article may contain affiliate links, this means that we earn commissions if you shop through the links below. You can read more about this on our disclosure page, here.
25 Most Uplifting LDS Quotes
1. We did not come to this earth to gain our worth – we brought it with us. – Ardeth G Kapp
How freeing is it to know that we do not have to do anything to earn our worth. We don’t have to make a certain amount of money, accomplish a goal, or be a perfect spouse or parent to be worthy. We were born with worth, and we will die with worth, no matter what we did in our lifetime.
2. Even if “everyone is doing it” wrong is never right. – Russell M Nelson
How often do we crack under the peer pressure, because everyone else is doing it, no matter what “it” is. Even if it’s as simple as going over the speed limit! It happens all the time! It can be easy to get caught up in the importance of what other people think of us, instead of remembering what we know in our hearts, is the right thing to do.
3. Pray to have eyes to see God’s hand in your life and in the world around you. – Russell M Nelson
If you can see the world through a different perspective, one with gratitude for God’s blessings, and his plan for you, you will live a happier, carefree life. Your anxieties will go away. You will see beauty. You will feel peace and tranquility. And others will feel that radiating off of you, and you can help them see God’s hand in their lives as well.
4. He rarely moves the mountains in front of us but he always helps us climb them. – Sheri Dew
Oftentimes people expect God to get rid of our obstacles for us, when in reality what we really need is for Him to help guide us through them. And that is what He does for us, we just have to open our eyes and be willing to see His hand in our life.
5. By helping others come unto Him you will find you have come unto Him yourself. – Henry B. Eyring
You will find your testimony will grow stronger and stronger the more you share it with others, and help them see the truth of the gospel.
Be sure to check out our article on 12 Powerful Ways to Grow and Strengthen Your Testimony
6. May we see the light of Christ in others constantly and help them see it in themselves. – Elder Bragg
Looking for the good in other people, rather than focusing on the bad, is a wonderful skill. Choosing to find what is good about someone, what they can do right, what their strengths are, and not putting them down is something you will be rewarded for greatly. God takes care of those who take care of His children.
7. As you obey, the impressions from the Spirit will come more frequently, becoming closer and closer to constant companionship. – Henry B. Eyring
We often ask for guidance, but if we don’t like the answer, or we are scared to obey… we don’t. Or maybe it feels like we don’t ever get the answers we are asking for. But if we can start truly acting on the impressions we get as we get them, we can start receiving more and more revelation. How exciting is that?
8. The Holy Ghost warns, the Holy Ghost comforts, and the Holy Ghost testifies. – Gary E. Stevenson
How comforting is it to know that we have been given such a miraculous gift? Someone to be with us always, who is a comforter, and who is full of knowledge. We are never without love and guidance.
9. As you draw nearer to the Lord, He will guide you to become the best version of yourself. – M. Russell Ballard
When you have a desire to love God, you will naturally have a desire to be the best you that you can be. You will want to follow His commandments, because when you love someone you want to show them that you love them by respecting their wishes.
10. God never loses sight of our eternal potential, even when we do. – Carol M. Stephens
It is so comforting to know that even when we have completely given up on ourselves, when we feel totally worthless, that God still sees us as worthy. He still sees us forgivable, redeemable, lovable, wonderful beings who still have just as much worth as we did before we first sinned.
11. Being righteous doesn’t mean being perfect or never making mistakes. It means developing an inner connection with God, repenting of our sins and mistakes, and freely helping others. -Sharon Eubank
The term righteous is one the most misconstrued words out there. But this quote hits the nail on the head. A connection with God is key, but so is being able to repent of our sins. And that is what being righteous is all about.
12. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved. – Thomas S. Monson
So many times, we get so caught up in all of our problems in life that people get put on hold. But people need to come first. Relationships need to come first. Because our eternal family that we have in this lifetime is the only thing we will be taking with us afterwards. We won’t be taking our jobs, or our hobbies. Just our families. So we need to prioritize them now, so we can have them later.
13. Good timber does not grow with ease. The stronger the wind the stronger the trees. – Thomas S. Monson
The people in this world who are the most resilient got that way because they overcame a lot of struggles to become resilient. They built up their strength, their courage, and their determination. So next time you meet someone who seems really resilient, take a minute to think about what made them so strong.
14. If you are on the right path, it will always be uphill. – Henry B. Eyring
Oftentimes, the right thing to do is going to be the harder choice. And that’s because hard work pays off, if you want good results, you have to put in the effort.
15. No matter the obstacles we face in this life we can trust that the Lord will provide a way for us. – Elder Ulisses Soares
God doesn’t give us anything we can’t handle, even when it feels like He’s turned our world upside down. His ways are higher than our ways. He has a plan for us that we just don’t know yet, and we just have to trust in His plan.
16. As we make Christ the center of our lives, our fears will be replaced by the courage of our convictions. – Thomas S. Monson
Christ will help us overcome our fears, He will give us the strength to always stay strong in our integrity, and do what we know is right no matter what.
17. God is less concerned about your perfection and more concerned about your intentions. – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Our Heavenly Father is an understanding God, he doesn’t have unrealistic expectations of us. He doesn’t expect us to be perfect. All he cares about is our intentions. He knows our hearts, He knows exactly how we feel.
18. The joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives. – Russell M. Nelson
The people who have lost the most in this world, can feel the most joy, while the people who have the most and have lost nothing, can experience the most misery. Our surroundings mean nothing. If we are making God the focus of our life, if we are finding gratitude in each day, if we are prioritizing our family, and serving others every day, we are going to find meaning and purpose each and every day.
19. I promise you that as you consistently give the Lord a generous portion of your time, He will multiply the remainder. – Russell M. Nelson
How often do we say “I would love to read more scriptures, fast more, pray more, do more at church, etc. but I just don’t have the time”. Yeah, all the time!!! This promise is saying that if you give that extra time to the Lord, He will make sure that the remainder of the time that you have left, is plenty of time to fit in all of the other things you need to get done. He will bless you in so many different ways.
Don’t forget to read our article on Ways to Make Time for God When You Barely Have Time for Yourself
20. May we ever choose the harder right, instead of the easier wrong. – Thomas S. Monson
Doing the right thing will usually be harder than doing the wrong thing. It becomes especially more difficult when everyone around you is doing the wrong thing. But while it may be harder in the moment to do the right thing, you will always feel better about yourself afterwards, than if you would’ve chosen the easier wrong.
21. First I obey, then I understand. -Marjorie Pay Hinckley
Something that’s hard for people to understand, is that we may not always understand. Sometimes God gives us commandments without giving us a complete explanation as to why He’s given us each commandment. Rather than demanding an explanation for each, we should just obey, and trust that He knows what is best.
22. Never let fear decide your future. – Al Fox Carraway
If fear is in charge, you’re never going to get anywhere. You’re definitely not having faith, because you can’t have faith and be living in fear at the same time. Don’t let fear be in charge of what you do or don’t do.
23. There’s no life so shattered that it cannot be restored. – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
There’s no sin that can’t be forgiven. Every person has worth. If only the person has a desire to heal and to change, and they’re willing to put in the work, they are able to be fully restored.
24. Nothing draws you closer to the Lord Jesus Christ than a desire to change. -Joaquin E. Costa
As your desire to change grows, you will find you feel closer and closer to Christ, because is the key to you truly being able to change. Through Him you will be able to become the best version of yourself.
25. Never be discouraged. If I were sunk in the lowest pits of Nova Scotia, with the Rocky Mountains piled on me, I would hang on, exercise faith, and keep up good courage, and I would come out on top. -Joseph Smith Jr
When it feels like life is doing nothing but kicking you when you’re down, it can be hard to stay strong, but this quote really helps to keep you motivated. It doesn’t matter how hard life is, hold on, and just have faith, you will come out on top!
Top 25 Inspiring LDS Quotes
We hope you enjoyed our list of our favorite inspirational LDS quotes, and we would love it if you could share your favorites, and share this article! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest.
Be sure to check out these related articles: