There is no better place to turn for comfort and assurance than the Bible. This article is the perfect list of Bible verses to read when you’re worried or feeling anxious. They will help you find your inner strength and courage as you rely on your faith in God to get you through your current life challenge. You will find inspiration no matter what you’re feeling or what’s going on in your life.
This article may contain affiliate links; this means that we earn commissions if you shop through the links below. You can read more about this on our disclosure page here.
The Perfect List of Bible Verses to Read When You’re Worried, Anxious, or Feeling Down
- “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” -Matthew 6:34
There is much talk on mindfulness and focusing on the present moment, not stressing about the future. This is important because there is no point in stressing about the future if nothing more can be done. And it’s true, every day has its challenges to focus on.
2. “They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord.” -Psalm 112:7
We can handle anything the world can throw at us because we know that whatever it is, it is part of God’s plan for us, and we trust in Him.
3. “He gives power to the weak; and to those who have no might he increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall. But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” -Isaiah 40:29-31
God will provide you with the strength you need if you just have faith in Him and His timing. It has nothing to do with your age or your abilities and everything to do with your faith.
4. “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.” -Psalm 4:8
It takes a lot to have faith when the world is in chaos. But the only true way to feel safe is through knowing and trusting in God and his plan.
5. “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1Peter 5:6-7
Humility is one of the hardest but most rewarding things we can do for ourselves in this lifetime. And if you can achieve that, God is willing to take all of our worries away from us.
6. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”
This verse is one of the most well-known, simple, and powerful verses in the New Testament. We can do anything with the strength we receive from Christ.
This verse also makes for a beautiful piece of Christian wall art in your home.
7. “The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.” -Psalm 27:1
No one can stand a chance against us when God is with us. There is no one greater than He.
8. “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” -Deuteronomy 31:8
It’s so comforting to know that we have a father who is always with us and will never leave our side. He is the perfect example of a loving and protective father, and it’s important we follow His Christian values in our everyday lives.
9. “What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” -Romans 8:31
Who better to have on our side than the creator of our existence? And someone who loves and cares for us more than anyone else?
10. “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.” -Isaiah 43:1-2
He is our father, and we are his children. He will be by our side through life’s challenges and won’t let us fail.
11. “They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you, declares the LORD.” -Jeremiah 1:19
The Lord is our armor, and He never fails us. He will protect us from our enemies.
12. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” -Joshua 1:9
We will see that God never leaves our side if we have faith. We will always be able to point out his hand in our lives.
13. “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” -Isaiah 41:10
Sometimes, we can’t help but have some anxiety. But focusing on our faith in God will help our worldly worries disappear.
14. “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” -Romans 8:28
Trusting in God’s plan is essential to living a joyful life full of gratitude. Knowing that whatever you are going through, he is working all things for your good.
To make your Bible Study even better, grab a Christian Planner that helps encourage your scripture reading and prayer!
15. “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” -Matthew 6: 25-27
God will provide. It’s as simple as that. And worrying will not increase the length of your life. If anything, the stress will take years off of your life.
16. “For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.” -Isaiah 41:13
How comforting is it to have someone who will be by our side, helping us through whatever challenges we may face throughout our lifetime? This verse is one of the perfect and most simple bible verses to read when you’re worried. It’s also a great verse to memorize when you feel anxious or stressed.
17. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” -John 16:33
If there is anyone we can feel peace through, it’s the person who has overcome all of the things we are afraid of, the world we fear.
18. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” -Proverbs 3:5-6
His ways and His thoughts are higher than ours. If we can surrender to Him and allow Him to take control, He will be able to guide us. Leaning on His understanding will free us.
19. “But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me.” -Micah 7:7-8
If we stay steadfast in our faith, God will come through for us. People might rejoice over our suffering, but not for long. God will rescue us from our suffering at just the right time. And no matter what we are going through, He is by our side through it all.
20. “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” -Psalm 147:3
Our Heavenly Father is so full of love and compassion. He has the power to heal all of our sufferings if we allow Him to be with us.
21. “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” -Galatians 6:9
The Lord appreciates when we take care of His other children. He will reward us for all of our hard work, our faith, and our endurance throughout our lifetime.
Thanks for checking out our compiled list of Bible verses to read when you’re worried! Are there any other verses you would add to this list?
Don’t forget to check out our articles on: