Having faith is a vital part of a joyful life on this earth. It’s important that we try to live a faith filled life each and every day. Having faith in Christ and His sacrifice for us, and having faith in God’s plan for our lives will allow us to experience immense joy and love. These LDS quotes about faith from our church leaders sum up the importance of faith perfectly!
The Ultimate List of LDS Quotes About Faith From Our Church Leaders
1. “If we have faith in Jesus Christ, the hardest, as well as the easiest times in life, can be a blessing.”—President Henry B. Eyring, “Mountains to Climb”
When you’re going through a trial, it can be hard to see it as a blessing. But after you get through it and some time has passed, it’s easy to see why that trial was a part of your journey. Every trial we endure brings is part of God’s plan, and there’s a reason we had to go through it. Even if we can’t understand why at this time.
2. “There is only One in whom your faith is always safe, and that is in the Lord Jesus Christ.”—President Russell M. Nelson, “Let Your Faith Show”
If there’s anything or anyone in this world that we should have faith in, it’s Jesus Christ. His unconditional love and mercy are proof that we can trust in Him.
3. “We must live by faith and not by fear.”—Elder Quentin L. Cook, “Live by Faith and Not by Fear”
It can be shocking to realize that if you are living in fear, or struggling with anxiety, you are not living in faith. Demonstrating true faith will help you to decrease the amount of stress and anxiousness you may be dealing with.
Don’t forget to check out these awesome Come Follow Me Resources!
4. “First and forever fan the flame of your faith, because all things are possible to them that believe.”—Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, “Lord, I Believe”
Miracles happen every day, so there is plenty of proof that all things are possible. But having true faith is knowing that no matter what happens, God knows what He is doing. He knows what we need more than we do. And as hard as it can be to remember that sometimes, it’s important that we keep strong in our faith.
5. “Remove any of your fear with faith. Trust the power of God to guide you.”—Elder M. Russell Ballard, “That the Lost May Be Found”
It can be such a freeing feeling to just let go and trust in God’s plan for you. Trying to control things that really aren’t in our power can be exhausting. Take a step back and try to be aware of what God wants from you, and let Him guide you.
6. “Faith is a strong conviction about something we believe—a conviction so strong that it moves us to do things that we otherwise might not do.” – Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “Fourth Floor- Last Door”
Faith is truly powerful. Having faith in God can help us to make decisions that will be better for us in the long run, even if they don’t make a lot of sense right now. Being open to God’s plan is life-changing.
7. “Faith in Jesus Christ is the greatest power available to us in this life. All things are possible to them that believe.” – President Russell M. Nelson, “Christ is Risen; Faith in Him Will Move Mountains
Having faith makes it possible to endure even the hardest of trials. It’s a powerful thing to have. And yes, all things are possible. That doesn’t mean bad things won’t happen, because the hardships are part of our journey. But if we can just get through life knowing there’s a reason for everything, it makes it a lot easier.
8. “Unbelief blocks our ability to see miracles, whereas a mindset of faith in the Savior unlocks the powers of heaven.” – Elder Larry S. Kacher, “Ladder of Faith”
There are amazing things happening all around us. God has a hand in everything that happens around us. But if you aren’t expressing your faith, you won’t be able to see and enjoy those blessings and miracles that God has given us.
9. “Faith in Jesus Christ is the key to receiving revelations of truth.” – President Henry B. Erying, “The Faith to Ask, Then to Act”
God is always speaking to us, but we can’t hear Him if we aren’t living a life full of faith. You have to want to hear Him. You have to be living your life in a manner that brings His presence, not drives it away. Faith is key!
Start by making sure you are reading the Book of Mormon regularly, don’t forget to check out these Book of Mormon Bookmarks to help encourage your scripture reading!
10. “As we humble ourselves and exercise faith in Jesus Christ, the grace of Christ and His infinite atoning sacrifice make it possible to change.” – Elder Kevin S. Hamilton, “‘Then Will I Make Weak Things Become Strong’”
The atonement is the greatest gift we will ever be given in this life, but you must experience humility in order to partake of it. Having faith that Christ atoned for our sins will give you the strength to find that humility and make necessary changes.
11. “Think the best and hope the best and have faith in the future.”—Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, “The Confidence of Worthiness”
Our mindset plays a huge role in our overall happiness and joy in life. No matter what your trials may be, you can find joy if you’re willing to focus on the right things, like our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
12. “Let your faith show.”—President Russell M. Nelson, “Let Your Faith Show”
Expressing your faith can be a vulnerable thing to do, but only good things can come from acting in faith. Don’t just say that you have faith, but show it in your decision-making each and every day.
Show your faith by building and sharing your testimony!
13. “When the storms in life come, you can be steady because you are standing on the rock of your faith in Jesus Christ.” – President Henry B. Erying, “Steady in the Storms”
Faith can get you through any trial. It might not take away your pain and your grief, but it can get you through life. No matter what’s going on, knowing that someone is watching over you, and willing to guide you through anything, no matter what is a powerful feeling.
14. “Let your narrative be one of faith, following your Exemplar, the Savior Jesus Christ. “- Sister Camille N. Johnson, “Invite Christ to Author Your Story”
Don’t be afraid to express your faith to friends, family, or anyone else. Whether or not they have the same beliefs as you, you never know how much your faith can impact them. God put you in their life for a reason.
15. “I invite all who feel sorrow, all who wonder what happens after we die, to place your faith in Christ.” – Elder S. Mark Palmer, “Our Sorrow Shall Be Turned Into Joy”
Faith can bring you comfort, joy, and strength when you need it the most. If you have faith in God and His plan for you, you can let go of stress that comes along with not knowing. All you need to know is He has a plan for you, and His plan is exactly what you need.
16. “Faith means trusting God in good times and bad, even if that includes some suffering until we see His arm revealed in our behalf.” -Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, “Waiting on the Lord”
Having faith won’t take away our struggles, but it will help us get through them. Knowing that one day we will understand why we had to go through what we did is enough to make it through the trials.
17. “Only faith and the word of God that fill our inner soul are sufficient to sustain us—and to allow us to access His power.” – Elder Kelly R. Johnson, “Enduring Power”
Having faith will bring us closer to God. And the closer we get the more we can feel His presence, and see His hand in our lives. The more joy we will experience in this lifetime.
Try these 9 Tips for Feeling God’s Presence In Your Everyday Life.
18. “When we exercise patience, our faith increases. As our faith increases, so does our joy.” – Elder Jeremy R. Jaggi, “Let Patience Have Her Perfect Joy, and Count It All Work!”
To have patience is to accept that we won’t always know why our life happens the way it does, but knowing that one day it will be revealed to us. Letting go of that desire to know everything is to practice faith.
19. “As we pray in faith, we become a vital part in the Lord’s work as He prepares the world for His Second Coming.”- President Henry B. Erying, “Prayers of Faith”
God knows us inside and out, and He knows if we are living in faith. All we can do is try every day to practice faith and do our best to follow Christ’s example as we prepare for the next part of our journey.
20. “Just as reading and learning about muscles is not enough to build muscle, reading and learning about faith without adding action is insufficient to build faith.” – Elder Juan Pablo Villar, “Exercising Our Spiritual Muscles”
Faith takes work. We must actively show our faith each and every day. Faith includes not only trusting in God, but trying to live our lives as He wants us to. And that’s something we have to work on every day to improve ourselves.
21. “You will find some of your greatest joys in your efforts to make your home a place of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and a place that is permeated with love.” -President Henry B. Erying, “A Home Where the Spirit of the Lord Dwells”
Having faith is a freeing thing. And that freedom will bring joy. Practicing this in our homes will encourage our family to have faith and experience all of the blessings that come along with it.
What Did You Think of These LDS Quotes About Faith?
Our church leaders are amazing. They know just how to convey a message! All of these LDS faith quotes are spot on. Share these quotes with anyone you think might enjoy reading them.