Fathers are a truly essential part of our life on this earth. They provide, protect and love their families so wonderfully. We must show our love and appreciation for them each day, but it’s nice to have one specific day each year to make them feel noticed; Father’s Day! These LDS Father’s Day quotes are perfect for sharing with your fathers, husbands, and any other man in your life who has helped you become the person that you are.
Here are 13 LDS quotes about fatherhood perfect for Father’s Day. You can write them on a Father’s Day card, print them, hand them out in church, frame them, etc. Use them however you would like.
Whether a father or just a father figure, remember you are greatly appreciated for everything you do for your family. We hope these latter-day saint quotes will make fathers everywhere feel noticed for all they do.
13 Perfect LDS Fathers Day Quotes That Will Make Fathers Feel Appreciated
1. “Father is the noblest title a man can be given.” Robert L. Backman
Being a father truly is a special gift. Fathers play such an essential role in a child’s life. Being a father and holding the priesthood is a great responsibility, and they deserve the utmost praise.
2. “A family needs a father to anchor it.” – L. Tom Perry
Fathers are such a grounding presence in the home. They provide protection and all of the family’s necessities and more! They bring a feeling of security and safety, as well as love and comfort.
3. “Noble fatherhood gives us a glimpse of the divine attributes of our Father in Heaven.” – James E. Faust
Being a parent on earth is the closest we can come to understanding Heavenly Father’s love for us. As much as we love our children, it’s incredible to think that Heavenly Father loves our children and us on an even grander scale! We won’t ever be able to truly understand His love for us during this lifetime, but parenthood is the closest we can come.
4. “Father, like mother, is ever willing to sacrifice his own comfort for that of his children. Daily he toils to provide the necessities of life, never complaining, ever concerned for the well-being of his family.” – Thomas S. Monson
While mothers are often looked at as the selfless ones, fathers truly are just as selfless in other ways. They give up their time to ensure they can provide for their family, whether they enjoy doing it or not. They do whatever is necessary to meet their family’s needs.
5, “Fathers, yours is an eternal calling from which you are never released.” – Ezra Taft Benson
Once you become a father, you are a father forever. For all time and eternity. It’s not something you ever grow out of, no matter how old your children get, whether you’re on this earth or not.
As a parent, make sure you teach your child these 9 Essential Family Values and gospel principles backed by scripture!
6. “We believe in fathers. We believe that far from being superfluous, fathers are unique and irreplaceable.” – D. Todd Christofferson
Dads play a crucial role in their children’s lives. They aren’t only physical support for their kids, but they also provide emotional support. Every child deserves a dad who can support them and love them in all aspects of life.
7. “The title father is sacred and eternal.” – Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
‘Father’ is a shared title between our own fathers and our Father in Heaven. Of course, it is a powerful title, knowing that it is shared with God. And that’s why following our Heavenly Father’s example is the best way to parent our children on this earth.
Don’t forget to check out these 10 Amazing General Conference Talks On Marriage And Family.
8. “A father’s duty is to make his home a place of happiness and joy.” – Ezra Taft Benson
Fathers play an important and challenging role in the home. They are typically a financial provider for their family, but they also create a loving, comfortable, and safe feeling environment, which is just as important as financial support!
9. “It must be emphasized that as a father, you are always teaching. For good or ill, your family learns your ways, your beliefs, your heart, your ideas, your concerns.” – Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
The hardest part of parenting is making sure you’ve taught your children everything they need to know to live a successful and joyful life. And while we can tell them what they need to know, it’s more important that we lead by example. Actions speak louder than words. A father is always being watched by his kids. He’s showing his sons how they should be as an adult and showing his daughters what to look for in a husband. It’s a big responsibility that fathers can’t take lightly.
It’s essential that all parents build and share their testimony to and in front of their children regularly.
10. “Next to eternal life, the greatest of all gifts that our Father in Heaven can bestow on a man is the opportunity of being blessed with sons and daughters.” – L. Tom Perry
No one can truly understand the magic of parenting until they have children. Once you start caring for someone more than yourself, and they become the center of your world, your perspective on life changes. Children are this world’s greatest blessing, and they deserve to be treated as such.
11. “A father’s calling is eternal, and its importance transcends time.” – Ezra Taft Benson
Being a father doesn’t end when we die. We will forever be connected with our families for time and eternity. And while fatherhood might look different after life on this earth, their love for our children will never cease to exist.
12. “Fatherhood, in a sense, is an apprenticeship to godhood.” – Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
We came to this earth to learn. Part of that learning includes how to be a parent. Everything we learn in this life is an important lesson we needed to know to benefit us in our life after this. And fatherhood is one of the most important lessons that someone can learn. By living a righteous, faithful life, we will have the best chance of learning those lessons.
13. “Fatherhood is not a matter of station or wealth; it is a matter of desire, diligence, and determination to see one’s family exalted in the celestial kingdom.” – Ezra Taft Benson
Every father wants what’s best for their children, and there is nothing better than eternal life. So every father gets this lifetime to help their children live lives worth of exaltation and follow the example of the Savior. It’s an important calling that our fathers don’t take lightly.
Don’t forget to check out these adorable Handprint Father’s Day Cards (Printable)!
What Did You Think of These LDS Father’s Day Quotes?
Do you think these fatherhood quotes will help all of the dads out there feel appreciated on Father’s Day? Feel free to share these quotes with friends and family. Happy Fathers Day!
Don’t forget to check out our list of LDS Motherhood quotes as well, they are perfect for Mother’s Day or any day you want a mom to feel special!
1 thought on “13 Best LDS Fathers Day Quotes | Quotes on Fatherhood”
Thank you so much. This is exactly what I was looking for as I need a jumpstart and inspiration.