Motherhood is one of the most wonderful callings we can be given in this lifetime. There is no other like it. While each individual mother has a unique experience, we all know what it’s like to have that indescribable connection with a human being that you’ve brought into this world. All of these LDS motherhood quotes by many of our church leaders are uplifting, encouraging, and spot on when it comes to our parenting experience.
This article may contain affiliate links, this means that we earn commissions if you shop through the links below. You can read more about this on our disclosure page, here.
The Perfect LDS Quotes About Motherhood
1. “Motherhood is the noblest and greatest of all callings” – L. Tom Perry
Motherhood is absolutely a calling, and while it isn’t given to us by a church leader, like some of our other callings, it’s given to us by God. God decides if and when we are going to be mothers. And even if we don’t have any biological children during our time on Earth, that doesn’t mean we won’t have any children during our eternal lives.
2. “What mothers do is an essential element of Christ’s work” – Jeffrey R. Holland
Mothers play such a large role in caring for and supporting their children, as well as teaching their children all of the important things there are to learn in this life. A few important things a mother might take part in teaching her children are morals and values, the gospel, and the principles of the church.
3. “The love of a true mother comes nearer to being like the love of God than any other kind of love” – Joseph F. Smith
Although we will never be able to truly comprehend God’s love for us, the closest thing we as humans can possibly compare it to is the love we feel for our children as mothers. We are Heavenly Father’s children. And he loves us with a perfect love that we are not capable of during this time on Earth. To think that we are loved even more than we love our own children seems impossible because the amount we love them feels so untouchable. But it is simply beyond our comprehension, like so many things.
4. “There is no role in life more essential and more eternal than that of motherhood” – M. Russell Ballard
Taking care of your children and being a good, loving, and proactive mother is essential in shaping your child into becoming the best version of themselves that they can possibly be. And motherhood never ends, it begins before your baby is born, continues through your child’s adult years, and even into all eternity. Because families are bound together forever, you will always be your child’s mother.
5. “When you observe kind and gentle mothers in action, you see women of great strength” – Margaret D. Nadauld
It’s very true that it takes great strength, patience, and willpower to exert kindness and gentleness in motherhood. Parenting a child can be trying. Some days it’s exhausting, it’s frustrating, and it’s just so hard. But it’s always beautiful. And focusing on the beauty gives us strength.
6. “Motherhood is more than bearing children… it is the essence of who we are as women. It defines our very identity, our divine stature and nature, and the unique traits our Father gave us” – Sheri Dew
Even from a young age, it’s typical that girls are very nurturing, caring, and motherly. It truly is a part of who we are. It brings us joy to care for others. What a beautiful trait God has given us. To love as Christ loves is one of the most important things we can learn on this earth.
7. “To all mothers in every circumstance, I say, ‘Be Peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. You are doing better than you think you are.’” – Jeffrey R. Holland
We are typically the hardest on ourselves. So while we feel like we are just not doing our best, odds are we are probably doing better than we think we are. Especially as mothers. Sometimes it just feels like we can’t get anything right. But doing the best that we can at a given moment is all that God asks for. He doesn’t expect perfection. So we shouldn’t expect it for ourselves either.
8. “The highest and noblest work in this life is that of a mother” – Russell M. Nelson
As mothers, we are bringing the next generation of people into the world. And they are going to bring a generation after that, and so forth. So raising our children correctly is so important, because it plays a huge role in the fate of the world. It’s our job to teach, to comfort, to love and to lead by example.
9. “No love in mortality comes closer to approximating the pure love of Jesus Christ than the selfless love of a devoted mother has for her child.” – Jeffrey R. Holland
A mother’s love is never-ending, selfless, true, and unconditional. All very Christ-like attributes. And our goal during our lifetime on this earth is to become as much like Christ as possible. So, lucky us, we got a head start by being mothers! We’re learning to love as Christ loves us.
10. “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” – James E. Faust
As mothers, we are truly shaping the world. When we bring a child into this world it’s our job to nurture them, love them, teach them, guide them, and support them through anything that comes their way. Most importantly, we lead by example. What they learn from us, not only what we’re saying but what we’re doing, is going to help them in raising their children, and so on.
It’s up to us to make sure our children have a relationship with Heavenly Father and Christ. Without that relationship, our children will miss out on so many wonderful experiences in their lifetime.
11. “It is simply not possible to measure or limit the influence a righteous woman has.” -Sheri Dew
A woman who acts righteously can have so much influence on the world. This could be in her own home, through raising her children and being a supportive wife. This could also be through a woman’s career, or simply through friendships. Acting Christ-like is contagious. You will make an impression on people just by being yourself.
*Check out our Book of Mormon Bookmark Reading Charts!
Which of these LDS motherhood quotes was your favorite?
Which one resonated with you the most? It can be hard to pick just one. There are so many LDS quotes on motherhood out there, and they are all so touching and true. Please let us know in the comments!
Don’t forget to check out our other popular LDS articles:
- 10 Amazing General Conference Talks About Marriage
- 11 Awesome Come Follow Me Podcasts and Resources
- Top 25 Most Inspirational LDS Quotes
- 12 Ways to Build and Strengthen Your Testimony
2 thoughts on “11 Best Ever LDS Motherhood Quotes”
i love all of this i hope my mom likes them for Mothers day
Who wrote the words under the quote and artwork?