What a wonderful General Conference! It was full of insight and inspiration, just as they always are. It’s amazing how the prophet and the other speakers know exactly what we need to hear. Heavenly Father communicates with us in so many great ways. Here is a list of the best General Conference quotes from October 2022.
15 Amazing General Conference Quotes for the October 2022 Session
1. “The reward for keeping covenants with God, is heavenly power. The power that strengthens us to withstand trials, temptations, and heartaches.” – President Russell M. Nelson
God is our father. And as our father, he truly cares for us. If we keep His commandments and stay true to the covenants we have made with Him, He wants to give us the strength to endure our hardships.
2. “I came to realize in a profound way that the same Son of God who atoned for my sins, is the same Redeemer who will also save those who have deeply hurt me.” – Kristin M. Yee
When you are trying to forgive or love others who have hurt you, it can be helpful to remember that if Christ wasn’t able to forgive them, he couldn’t forgive you either. Despite how you’ve sinned, you have still sinned, and sin is sin. We all need the atonement just as much as everyone else.
3. “To be a follower of Jesus Christ, one must sometimes carry a burden – your own or someone else’s – and go where sacrifice is required and suffering is inevitable” – Jeffrey R. Holland
Following Christ is a privilege, but it’s also a responsibility. Being a follower means advocating for, loving, obeying, and much more. Following Christ is how we show our love and appreciation for Him and His sacrifice.
4. “Everyone needs to feel that they really do belong and are needed in the body of Christ.” – J. Anette Dennis
While we are all very different in this earthly life, we are all the same to our Father in Heaven. We are all in need of Christ’s atonement and His sacrifice for us. Unity is so much more powerful than division.
5. “Your testimony in Jesus Christ isn’t just what you say – it’s who you are.” – Gary E. Stevenson
We must show our belief in Christ by our actions, not just our words. By simply following His commandments, you are expressing your testimony to those around you. And sometimes, people respond to your actions much more than they would to your words.
6. “I have learned some of my best lessons during the hardest times of my life.” – Isaac K. Morrison
There’s no denying that God gives us trials for a reason. Trials and hardships teach us lessons, strengthen us, and benefit us in ways we may not understand. But without trials, we wouldn’t learn many valuable lessons we came to this earth to learn.
7. “The answer is Jesus.” – Ryan K. Olsen
It’s short, simple and to the point; the answer is Jesus! It’s always Jesus. He sacrificed himself for us, He loves and cares for us, and He wants the absolute best for us.
8. “Let us leave judgment in the Lord’s hands… and be content to love and treat each other the best we can.” – D. Todd Christofferson
While it can be really hard sometimes, it’s important that we do our best to avoid judgment. It’s not our place to judge. Everyone sins differently, and we are all in need of Christ’s sacrifice. In God’s eyes, we are all equals.
9. “When we follow Satan, we give him power. When we follow God, He gives us power.” – Paul W. Johnson
The difference between Heavenly Father and Satan, is that Heavenly Father loves us, wants what’s best for us, and would never do anything to hurt us. Satan does none of those things. So why would we want to give him any power over us? God is willing to give us power if we are willing to follow Him.
10. “We need to be more aware of the service of others.” – Dallin H. Oaks
When life gets busy, it can be hard to make time, or even remember, to serve others. But serving others is an essential part of this life that Heavenly Father wants us to partake in. We are all brothers and sisters, and it’s our duty to help one another.
11. “I invite you to have the confidence to claim personal revelation for yourself.” – Dale G. Renlund
No matter how long you’ve been a member of the church, it can be challenging to gain a sense of confidence, whether that be in praying, reading, bearing your testimony, or claiming personal revelation. But the key to building confidence is practice!
12. “He invites us to let the normal things in our lives be those which help us keep on the covenant path.” – Rafael E. Pino
The best way to succeed in staying on the covenant path is to live your life according to God’s commandments. If we are always striving for that, it will be easy to stay on the right path.
13. “Jesus Christ is both the purpose of our focus and the intent of our destination.” – Tracy Y. Browning
Christ is a vital part of our lives. If it weren’t for Him, we would never get the chance to experience eternal glory, God’s love, or any amount of true joy.
14. “Jesus Christ is the strength of youth.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
When teaching kids about the gospel, it’s essential that we stress the importance of Christ. The youth should know just how vital He is in our lives.
15. “In coming days, we will see the greatest manifestations of the Savior’s power that the world has ever seen.” – President Russell M. Nelson
We are nearing the end of our earthly stay, which means we are going to need Christ more now than ever! We need to keep our minds and our hearts open and ready to receive Him and His love.
We Hope You Enjoyed These General Conference Quotes from the October 2022 session!
Be sure to share these quotes with friends and family! Comment below which quotes from this most recent General Conference was your favorite and why.