Every parent knows the importance in their child’s lives of reading, so why not make those books really count? Reading Christian family books with your kids is an excellent way to instill Christian values in your kids and help children learn about Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father while also building their reading skills. This list has 40 different Christian children’s books for all different ages!
Christian family books you will find in this article are:
- 10 Christian Kids Books for Babies
- 10 Christian Kids Books for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- 10 Christian Kids Books for 5-8-year-olds
- 10 Christian Kids Books for 8-12-year-olds
This article may contain affiliate links. We might earn commissions if you shop through the links below. You can read more about this on our disclosure page here.
10 Christian Children’s Books for Babies
These 10 books are perfect books for babies! They are all picture books, and board books, and they are eye-catching and fun. You can’t get started reading to your children too early. Make reading a part of your daily routine with your baby, so they will grow up with a love for reading! Reading a book before bedtime can also be a great step in a bedtime routine.
- Who Sang the First Song? By Ellie Holcomb
- God Gave Us You by Lisa Tawn Bergren and Illustrated by Laura J. Bryant
- Jesus Loves Me 5-Button Songbook by Cottage Door Press and Ginger Swift
- God Made Us by Link Dyrdahl and Illustrated by Cee Biscoe
- Thank You God by Sarah Bradshaw and Illustrator Sanja Rescek
- A Is for Ark (Our Daily Bread for Little Hearts) by Crystal Bowman and Teri McKinley and Illustrated by Luke Flowers
- My Baptism Book by Sophie Piper and Illustrated by Dubravka Kolanovic
- God Bless Our Baby by Hannah Hall and Illustrated by Steve Whitlow
- All God’s Creatures – Lift-a-Flap Board Book by Ginger Swift and Illustrated by Daniela Sosa
- Big Theology for Little Hearts Series by Devon Provencher and Illustrated by Jessica Provencher
10 Christian Children’s Books for Toddlers and Preschoolers
These 10 children’s books are best for toddlers and pre-school-aged kids. They make excellent read-aloud books for storytime. This age is an important time to get into a routine of reading. This will help them get a jump start on letter and sound recognition, sight words, and so much more!
- Sunrise, Easter Surprise! by Hannah C. Hall and Illustrated by Ag Jatkowska
- With Jesus Series by Various Authors and Illustrators
- When God Made You by Matthew Paul Turner and Illustrated by David Catrow
- Seek and Find: Old Testament Bible Stories by Sarah Parker and Illustrated by André Parker
- Seek and Find: New Testament Bible Stories by Sarah Parker and Illustrated by André Parker
- When I Pray for You by Matthew Paul Turner and Illustrated by Kimberley Barnes
- My Little Golden Book About God by Jane Werner Watson and Illustrated by Eloise Wilkin
- The One Year Devotions for Preschoolers by Crystal Bowman and Illustrated by Elena Kucharik
- Just in Case You Ever Wonder by Max Lucado and Illustrated by Eve Tharlet
- How Can I Pray? by Steph Williams
10 Christian Children’s Books for 5 – 8-year-olds
These 10 children’s books are best for kids between the ages of five and eight years old. These books are great beginner reading books that your child will be able to learn to read on their own. Practice reading these books with them on a regular basis to help them practice their reading skills while also teaching them about the Savior and Heavenly Father.
- His Grace Is Enough: How God Makes It Right When We’ve Got It Wrong by Melissa Kruger
- What Is God Like? by Rachel Held Evans and Matthew Paul Turner and Illustrated by Ying Hui Tan
- Any Time, Any Place, Any Prayer: A True Story of How You Can Talk With God by Laura Wifler and Illustrated by Catalina Echeverri
- Our Daily Bread for Kids: 365 Meaningful Moments with God by Crystal Bowman and Teri McKinley and Illustrated by Luke Flowers
- The Little Soul and the Sun: A Children’s Parable by Neale Donald Walsch and Illustrated by Frank Riccio
- Queen Elizabeth II: The Queen Who Chose To Serve by Alison Mitchell and Illustrated by Emma Randall
- The Garden, the Curtain, and the Cross Storybook: The True Story of Why Jesus Died and Rose Again by Carl Laferton and Illustrated by Catalina Echeverri
- The Donkey Who Carried a King by R.C. Sproul and Illustrated by Chuck Groenink
- This I Know: Seeing God in the World He Made by Clay Anderson and Illustrated by Natalie Merheb
- Jesus and His White Horse by Jake McCandless and Illustrated by Tyson Ranes
10 Christian Children’s Books for 8 – 12-year-olds
These 10 books are ideal for kids between the ages of eight and twelve years old. While they still make great books to read to younger kids, they are a little too advanced for younger children to read on their own. Also, the messages may be slightly more suited for older children.
- Chronicles of Narnia Series by C. S. Lewis
- A Saint a Day: 365 True Stories of Faith and Heroism by Meredith Hinds and Illustrated by Isabel Muñoz
- The Ology: Ancient Truths, Ever New by Marty Machowski and Illustrated by Andy McGuire
- Heaven for Kids by Randy Alcorn and Linda Washington
- How God Grows a Courageous Girl: A Devotional by Carey Scott
- Daily Devotions for Brave Boys Compiled by Barbour Staff
- Cold-Case Christianity for Kids: Investigate Jesus with a Real Detective by J. Warner and Susie Wallace
- The Power of a Praying® Kid by Stormie Omartian
- The Blessing Effect: A Single Act of Kindness Can Rewrite the Future by Robert K. Pozil
- Sports Shorts: 52 Stories of Faith from All-Star Believers by Del Duduit
In Summary: Christian Children’s Books
We hope this list gave you plenty of ideas for kids’ books to read to your Christian family! Reading Christian books and watching faith-based movies is a great way to invite the spirit into your home and help your kids develop strong Christian values. Enjoy these Christian stories, and we would love to hear from your in the comments if you have any faith-filled books that you enjoy reading to your little ones!