On a hill in Galilee, Jesus fed thousands of people by multiplying seven loaves of bread and a few little fishes. How did He do it? By giving thanks! (See Matthew 15:32-39).
Gratitude has so many benefits for you, your family, and your community. Experts on psychology at Harvard Health have found: “In positive psychology research, gratitude is strongly and consistently associated with greater happiness. Gratitude helps people feel more positive emotions, relish good experiences, improve their health, deal with adversity, and build strong relationships.”
One particularly interesting study noted that when people wrote and personally delivered a letter thanking someone, their happiness scores had huge increases, with benefits lasting for a whole month!
We want to invite you to follow the example of Jesus Christ in giving thanks and increasing happiness in the world. We hope that by offering this small suggestion (our loaves and fishes) that the gratitude of others and the power of God will multiply it to feed thousands with greater happiness.
Here’s How ‘Thank It Forward’ Works:
- Print 5 copies of the FREE pdf below.
- Handwrite a brief thank you letter to 4 people, and give each person a copy with 4 blank thank you cards so they can give out thank you cards too!
- Deliver the letter personally, over the mail, by taking a picture and texting it, etc.
- Thank God for the example of His Son, Jesus Christ, in expressing gratitude.
Read More from The Wonderful Grace of God:
- Top 40 Christian Children’s Books
- Super Cute Christian Wall Art
- 9 Most Important Christian Values to Teach Your Kids